The 12th edition of the festival is a major event on the calendar of the annual tourist festivals in Al Gharbia area. It has a capability to draw between 60,000 and 70,000 visitors, together with foreign tourists who come to benefit from the numerous actions and uncover the totally different elements of the authentic Emirati heritage. The festival is held on an space stretching over 20,000 sq. metres in Liwa.
With a complete worth of greater than AED 6 million, 220 prizes are awaiting the profitable members within the numerous heritage, cultural and artwork competitions, notably the Mazayna (competitions for one of the best dates, together with differing kinds and varieties), Finest Lemons and Finest Mangoes, the Fruits of the Home competitors, the Greatest Heritage Model competition, and the Model Farm Award.
• The classes of Al Ratab Beauty Competitors (Date Mazayna) include: Al Kunaizi, Al Khallas, Al Dabbas, Bou Maan, Al Farth, Al Nukhba, and Greatest Etheg. Al Ratab competitions represent a unique event of its form to attract and encourage members to compete for high positions.
• For the fourth 12 months in a row, three promotion rounds for the classes of Al Dabbas, Al Khallas, and Al Nukhba can be organised. The three rounds are supposed for participants who’ve by no means won in any of the previous editions of the Pageant. The target consists in rewarding these participants for his or her continued partaking, in addition to motivating and encouraging them to make further efforts to compete with others.
• The Fruits of the Home competitors contains totally different and varied fruits that ought to be domestically produced and originating from the backyard or the farm owned by the participant. The introduction of this competitors got here as a part of the efforts made by the Organising Committee of the Competition to develop this main occasion, strengthen efficiency, and enhance the standard of the native fruit manufacturing.
• The Mannequin Farm Award honours probably the most hygienic farm. The competitors jury will examine the farm all year long, not solely through the Festival. The Mannequin Farm Award goals at encouraging farmers to enhance the standard of the product, keep hygiene on the farm, restore outdated buildings on the property, develop the standard of the irrigation community, and protect the standard of the soil and used supplies.
• The ‘Greatest Mangoes’ and ‘Finest Lemons’ Competitions embody the next classes: the native mango, the various mango, the native lemon and the varied lemon.
• The Greatest Heritage Mannequin Competitors guidelines stipulate using pure supplies within the art work, in any of the fields of the deep-rooted Emirati heritage. The jury will think about the variety of heritage items used within the paintings, the diploma of workmanship, and the concord between the used supplies. The art work submitted for this competitors ought to palpably signify a facet of the outdated lifestyle.
• Organised on the sidelines of the Pageant, the Conventional Market is taken into account as a key a part of this particular annual Event.All of the merchandise on show do replicate the spirit and the authenticity of the Emirati society. The Market supplies a singular alternative for the Emirati households to show instruments, tools, and handmade merchandise that used to represent an integral a part of the each day lives of ancestors. These merchandise are primarily derived from palm timber and dates.
The Liwa Date Competition additionally encompasses a distinctive bouquet of thrilling actions that entice all members of the family and reinforce the tradition of palm bushes and dates within the hearts and minds of various generations.
The Festival is organised beneath the patronage of HH Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Presidential Affairs, the Cultural Packages and Heritage Festivals Committee – Abu Dhabi and enjoys the help of various state and official our bodies together with the Abu Dhabi Tourism & Tradition Authority (TCA – Abu Dhabi); the Ruler’s Consultant Court docket within the Western Area; the Division of Municipal Affairs (The Western Area Municipality); the Abu Dhabi Distribution Firm (ADDC); the Normal Directorate of Abu Dhabi Police (The Western Area Police Directorate); the Abu Dhabi Farmers’ Companies Centre (ADFSC); the Abu Dhabi Meals Management Authority; the Centre of Waste Administration (Tadweer); the Division of Transport; the United Arab Emirates College; and Baynounah TV, the media associate of the Committee.
Jul 20 2016
Liwa ,Al Gharbia